Last year, I participated in a 15 Random Facts About Me blogging challenge, where I posted random facts about me. I got the idea from Nancy Stordahl’s 15 Random Facts & A Blogging Challenge Too! So when Nancy posted 15 Random Facts, Round Two, & Another Blogging Challenge! this week, where she shared 15 more pieces of information about herself, I just had to follow suit. And, as Nancy has done, I’m putting a challenge out there for you, dear readers, to blog or share 15 (or less or more) things about you in the comments section or in a blog.
Here are 15 random things to know about me:
1. The most exciting fact right now is that I have launched my book, Calling the Shots in Your Medical Care, which is about how to cope in a medical system fraught with difficult doctors and administrators. However, the book doesn’t bash all medical professionals, just the unprofessional ones.
2. I am a Type A personality, which means I’m a deadline-driven perfectionist. This is a good characteristic in some ways, but it also has its drawbacks. Wanting to do everything perfectly can be and has been crippling. Luckily, I have made a concerted effort to become a little more type B-ish and care less about being perfect because, let’s face it, nobody is.
3. I’m an extroverted introvert, whatever that means. I can be shy, but I also can feel comfortable around many people I don’t know.
4. Until recently, we had a HUGE goldfish. At four years old, Goldilox had outgrown her 40-gallon tank. If you don’t believe me, just look at the picture below. Luckily, this fish has a happy outcome. Our pet sitter has a pond, and she agreed to take the fish.
5. I have a passion for grammar and have been known by my students as the “grammar Nazi.” I take that as a compliment.
6. I still have two baby teeth, my central bottom incisors. Thank goodness nobody can see them when I smile.
7. I enjoy going to charitable events for good causes.
8. I happen to live not far from a mosquito sanctuary. That’s right! There is at least one sanctuary for mosquitos that I know of. Are they endangered? WTF?
9. From ages 5 to 12, I took tap dancing lessons and loved every minute of it.
10. When I was in junior high school, I attempted to play the flute in the orchestra. I blew out more air than I took in, which led me to faint — repeatedly.
11. I switched from the flute to art class. Better fit.
12. Throughout high school and college I played guitar and loved it. I’m not naturally musical (see flute incident above), but I love music. Also, breathing technique is not an issue with the guitar, so no passing-out incidents.
13. I love sunsets.
14. I love books. Unfortunately, I have more to-read books on my book list than I actually can read.
15. Writing is so therapeutic for me. I’ve wanted to be a writer from the age of 5, maybe even earlier. I want to write another book or two or three or more. I am thinking of a memoir or even a novel or series of short stories. I’m not sure which direction I’ll go.
There you have it: 15 more random things about me. I hope you enjoyed reading this!
What are some random facts about yourself?
I would love to hear about you.
Tags: 15 Random Things, about me, Beth L. Gainer, blogging, Calling the Shots in Your Medical Care, writing, writing and inspiration