Calling the Shots
Are you battling an illness? Are you swept away in the current of a daunting healthcare system?
You may be forced to deal with medical procedures, billing issues, insurance companies – and, tragically, doctors who are not concerned with your welfare.
You may feel demoralized and powerless.
I know I did.
But not for long.
Calling the Shots in Your Medical Care coaches you to be proactive in your health care and get what you need from an often-inadequate system.
Calling the Shots is a call to action.
This short book helps you take a stand for yourself and empowers you to:
- •deal with difficult administrators and confusing bureaucracy.
- •effectively talk to physicians, especially the difficult or ‘bully’ ones.
- •assert your needs and speak up.
- •command respect from doctors, nurses, and medical assistants.
- •find the right physicians – for you.
- •hire and fire doctors so you get the care you need.
- •gather a great medical team to make sure your needs are met.
As a patient, I needed a book like this one to coach me through the healthcare system. Instead, I was overwhelmed with weighty, information-laden tomes that left me panicked and disempowered. I had no choice but to learn how to make the healthcare system work for me.
Being proactive angered some doctors and other healthcare professionals. But I had the best advocate in the world – myself. And I was able to win doctors to my side, becoming a partner of the medical system instead of a victim of it.
You can too.
It’s time to seize the reins of your own medical care.
It’s time to take action.
It’s time for you to call the shots.
To purchase the book, click here.